Friday, October 3, 2014

Need a Little Fall Color in Your Life?

Yesterday I headed to one of my favorite parks to take pictures. The colors are coming out on the trees, and I wanted to catch them before they go full blown yellow and orange.

The weather was muggy and warm, which meant mosquitoes roamed. I'm not a mosquito lover. This actually worked out for my benefit, though, because I walked at a faster pace to avoid them. Exercise is a good thing!


People walked their adorable dogs, moms pushed strollers, and quite a few people rode bikes. I love the sounds of the woods. The leaves swishing and birds chirping are front and center, but if you listen closely, you hear the trickle of a stream and the buzz of little bugs.



This time of year brings different smells too. The fragrance is hard to define. It's a mixture of pollen, decay, and wetness. It's cedar and boxwood and mustard weed. It's heavy. It's fall.



The bathrooms at this park are super cute! They're remodeled to look like stalls in a barn. See?


Here's what you see inside the stall!



Believe it or not, there were still a ton of flowers blossoming. This one has a grasshopper on it, which I find amusing.


My favorite part of the walk? Seeing seven--SEVEN!!--cardinals in one small area! I stood there for ten minutes just watching them. What fun!


Here's one more picture of the beautiful colors. Enjoy!


What does your neighborhood look like in October? I'd love to hear about it!

Have a fantastic weekend!!

4 comments:

  1. Trees turning color. Swamp maples in red. Black birches in yellow. Red and yellow leaves carpeting the green grass

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see it! Thanks for showing me a little of your world. :)

      Delete
  2. These are beautiful! I would have loved to walk with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have loved for you to be there! It's a beautiful park!

      Delete

I love to hear from you!