Friday, May 30, 2014

I Know School's Almost Out When...

I know school's almost out when...



1. I debate if the kids really need a lunch before slapping peanut butter on bread and tossing random pantry items into the bag. These meals aren't good, folks.

2. My pale skin scares me in the mirror. Haven't had time to soak the Vitamin D in, but summer clothes are on my body. It's like staring at a car accident. Can't look away, but you're cringing the whole time.

3. I ask, "Do you have homework?" and walk out of the room before they reply.

4. Bedtime for my youngest pushes back so far, he's staying up as late as I am.

5. I actually considered not setting the alarm last night. As if it's an option? Where is my head at??

6. I'm mentally planning all our day trips to the beach, an afternoon at the zoo, a tour of the art museum, but forgetting all the "I'm bored" declarations coming soon.

7. The stack of books and magazines I bring home from the library is twice the normal size.

8. Every meal involves the crock pot, a sandwich item, or comes from a freezer bag. Baseball. Summer. No time to cook.

What says School's Almost Out to you?

Have a fantastic weekend!!

12 comments:

  1. we're on in kindergarten but I am right there with you, Jill!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations to Bebe!! Kindergarten is a big step!!

      Delete
  2. Just wait until the kids are done with college. I spend my time in the sun room alternating between making art and lounging on my chair and having marathon sessions of Law and Order. Occasionally, I call out Have you found a job, yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might start yelling, "have you found a job yet?" for the fun of it! Ha! Ha!

      Delete
  3. SO true! LOL. I had to push myself to finish out this year, the kids could have convinced me to stop two weeks ago. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, I would have convinced my kids to stop two weeks ago!! I'm bad!! Congrats on another successful year!

      Delete
  4. Loved your list, Jill. To me, it's that first morning when you don't have to set an alarm. Which for me, translates to a quiet cup of coffee and either completing my quiet time or visiting blog before either boy makes an appearance downstairs.

    And no more lunches.
    And thoughts of relaxing.
    And.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen, Jeanne!! I love not setting the alarm! But I still set it in the summer for an hour and a half later. I would sleep all morning if left to my own devices!!

      Delete
  5. This is my life, Jill! We still have 1 1/2 days to go. So excited for the summer, but I know the writing schedule will suffer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoop! Whoop! 1 1/2 days--you're almost there!! Since my kids aren't babies, I write every morning until noon or 1. Then we do our fun stuff in the afternoon. Some days I work longer, some not as much, but I feel good about the schedule and still get a lot done!

      Delete

I love to hear from you!