Monday, April 28, 2014

Hooray for My Niece!

Yesterday I had the pleasure of attending a reception for my niece's senior art show. She's graduating from college with a degree in art education next weekend. I remember how she fell in love with making ceramics in her high school art classes. It was no surprise she continued building her skills in ceramics. Her exhibit this weekend featured nature-based sculptures.


Intricate buds and flowers ordained each piece, many sculpted like hollowed out logs. Delicate but substantial, dark faded to light--they represented the balance of fragility and toughness found in nature. I was very impressed.

I'm kicking myself for not bringing my camera. I'd love for you to see the black, white, and gray creations for yourself! She's also an incredible cake decorator. Amazing!!

Congratulations to my sweet niece! Praying for God's blessings as she enters a new phase of life.

What did you do this weekend? 

Have a fabulous Monday!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your niece!. The Young One is counting down to graduation day on 5/17. Exciting times ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, wow!! Congratulations! You should be proud!!

      Delete
  2. Congratuations to your niece. My weekend went like this. Saturday, I spent the morning at a Spiritual Gifts workshop at our church. I spent the afternoon by beginning to get my spring and summer clothes out and washed. I also wprked on my writing project. Sunday afternoon, I was under the weather and all I wanted to do was sleep.
    Sounds sort of boring, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Saturday sounded fabulous! Sunday, not so much. :) I like relaxing weekends. They're not boring at all!

      Delete

I love to hear from you!