Monday, October 14, 2013

Tigers, Lions, and Wolverines

What a weekend for sports!

My beloved Detroit Tigers are pushing through the ALCS series with mixed results. It's frustrating to watch games that should be in the bag get lost in the final innings. Yes, I'm a little bitter this morning. :)



On a higher note, my somewhat beloved Detroit Lions are 4-2! They look more disciplined this year, and I am very happy with the addition of Reggie Bush. I still watch with one eye open and one eye shut, but it feels good to win some games.

Unfortunately, my beloved University of Michigan Wolverines have struggled all football season, and Saturday broke their winning streak. *sigh* Unless the offensive line gets better, I don't see us winning key games.

Autumn is my favorite time for sports. This year both my kids are involved in fall sports too, and they had a great weekend. We've been blessed with incredible weather this year. No sitting out in pouring rain for this mom. :)

Right after Halloween my brain switches to all things Thanksgiving and Christmas, so for now, I'll embrace baseball and football. And who knows? Maybe this year will the be year one of my teams wins the big championship!

Do you watch fall sports? Who is your favorite team?

Have a fabulous Monday!

4 comments:

  1. This fall I'm hoping to fall in love with football. It's an actual goal...and it has to do with the next book I'm hoping to write. So who knows, at this time next year I might actually be able to answer the question about my favorite team! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's easy to fall in love with football, Melissa! I've been a big fan for about 8-9 years. Love it!

      Delete
  2. I'm watching a lot of baseball this fall, not only because I love it, but the hero in my WIP is a pro baseball player. Really helps me write the scenes better if I've watched a game recently. I'm sorry the Tigers didn't win last night. I think it's fun to watch Max Scherzer pitch. He's so passionate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I am so with you, Heidi! And Max is a great pitcher to watch. You can feel how much he wants to win!!

      Delete

I love to hear from you!